In the following, we provide information about the collection of your personal data when you use our website at www.boltze.de/boltze.com (hereinafter the "Website") or when you contact us by email or telephone. Personal data is any type of data that can be linked back to you as an individual, such as your name, address, email address or user behaviour.
I. Name and contact information of data protection officer
1. BOLTZE Gruppe GmbH, Alte Landstrasse 42, 22145 Braak, Germany, Phone: +49 (0) 40 328079-0, Fax: +49 (0) 40 328079-4999, Email: info(at)boltze.de (c.f. Legal Disclaimer www.boltze.com/impressum) is the data controller pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. You can contact our data protection officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to our address showing the recipient "The Data Protection Of-ficer."
II. Information on the collection and transmission of personal data
1. When you contact us by email, via a contact form, or by telephone, the data you provide to us in the process (your email address, potentially your name and telephone number) is stored by us to enable us to respond to your inquiry. We delete the data collected in this context as soon as its storage is no longer required, or restrict its processing if statutory requirements mandate continued storage.
2. In the event that we commission a service provider with performing individual functions of our offer or if we wish to use your data for marketing purposes, we provide information about the respective procedure in detail below, including the criteria for the storage period of the respective data.
3. Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for any other purposes than those stated below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if you have given us your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 l it. a) GDPR, the transmission is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest preventing this; or in the event that we are legally obliged to transmit your data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c) GDPR, and this is legally per-missible and required for the fulfilment of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR. We have no intention of transmitting your data to a recipient in a third country (non-EU/EEA) or an international organisation.
III. Collection of personal data on our Website
1. Visiting our Website
1.1 As long as the Website is merely used for the purpose of obtaining information, i.e., if you do not register or provide information to us in any way, we only capture the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the data that is technically required for us to display the website to you and to ensure its stability and security. This data is stored in our system's log files. However, it is not stored together with other personal data of the user.
1.2 Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files.
1.3 The temporary storage of IP addresses in the system is required for the Website to be displayed by your browser. Your IP address needs to be stored for the duration of the session. The data is saved in log files to ensure the Website's functionality. Moreover, this data serves for us to optimise the website and ensure the security of our IT systems. These purposes make up our legitimate interest in the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The data is not analysed for marketing purposes in this context.
1.4 The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was captured. When data is collected for the purpose of displaying the Website, it is deleted as soon as the session is ended.
1.5 The collection of data when visiting the Website and its storage in log files is indispensable for the operation of the Website. You consequently cannot object to this.
2.1 When you use our Website, cookies are placed on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are saved in or by your web browser on your computer system. When you open a website, a cookie may be saved in your operating system. The cookie contains a characteristic string of characters by which your web browser can be uniquely identified the next time you open the same website.
2.2 This Website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which is explained hereunder:
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (used for a limited period of time)
- Third-party cookies (placed by third parties according to the information provided below).
2.3 Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Session cookies are a common example: these save a unique number called session ID which is used to assign several requests by your browser to a single session. This way, your computer is recognised when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data when using transient cookies. This type of cookies serves the purpose of making the use of websites easier for users. Some of the functionalities of our Website could not be offered without cookies. These functionalities require that your browser is recognised even after you have moved to another page. These purposes make up our legitimate interest in the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
2.4 The only purpose we use persistent cookies for are the web analysis services we use. The persistent cookies are only stored as long as this is required for their purpose; their maximum life span is two years. You can delete cookies in your browser's security settings at any time. In this event, the functionality and user friendliness of our offer may be limited. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data when using persistent cookies. Analytical cookies are used for the purpose of improving the quality of our Website and its contents. Analytical cookies provide us with information on how our Website is used and allow us to constantly improve our offer. These purposes also make up our legitimate interest in the processing of your data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
3. Other features and functionalities of our Website
3.1 Apart from merely informational purposes, we also offer a range of services on our Website that you may be interested in using. To do so, you will normally have to provide additional personal data that we require in order for you to make use of the respective service. The aforementioned principles of data processing also apply to this data.
3.2 Moreover, we may transmit your personal data to third parties when we are offering the participation in campaigns, competitions, contracts or similar services jointly with partners. Additional information on this is provided when you supply your personal data or below, in the description of the offer.
3.3 Should our service providers or partners be based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the descrip-tion of the offer.
4. Use of contact forms
4.2 The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was captured. For the personal data entered into the contact form, this is the case when the respective conversation with you ends. The conversation is deemed to have ended when the circumstances indicate that the issue the conversation was about has been resolved.
5. Use of our web shop
5.1 If you would like to order from our web shop, you will be required to provide the personal data to us that we need to process your order for a contract to be concluded. Mandatory information for the fulfilment of the contract is specifically marked, other information is provided on a voluntary basis. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR is the legal basis for the pro-cessing of this personal data.
5.2 You can choose to sign up for a user account, through which your data is saved for fu-ture purchases. When you log in to the account created for you under "My account" or "Log in", the data you provide is stored until revocation. You can request for your user account to be deleted at any time by sending a message to the contact stated above. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of this personal data.
5.3 Your address, payment and order information is stored for the obligatory tenyear storage period under tax and commercial law after the contract has been fulfilled and then delet-ed, unless you have consented to the storage of your data beyond this period or the continued storage of your data is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data for the purpose of complying with statutory archiving and storage obligations.
5.5 You are under no obligation to provide the aforementioned personal data. However, the data is required for the conclusion of a contract. Without this data, communication, the conclusion of a contract, or the fulfilment of your contract may not be possible.
6.1 You may subscribe to our newsletter, by means of which we keep you updated on our interesting special offers. This requires your consent. The products and services we advertise are mentioned in the consent form.
6.2 Subscription to our newsletter requires a double opt-in procedure. This means that you will receive an email from us to the email address you provided in your subscription, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. Moreover, we store the IP ad-dresses you use and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to demonstrate that we have received your consent and to enable investigating a potential abuse of your personal data. Art. 6 Para. 1 a) and c) and Art. 7 Para. 1 GDPR are the legal basis for this.
6.3 Your email address is the only mandatory information when subscribing to the newsletter. Other, specifically highlighted data may be disclosed voluntarily and will be used to address you personally. Upon confirmation, we will store your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis for this. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was captured. Accordingly, a user's email address is stored for as long as their subscription to the newsletter is active.
6.4 You may revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. To revoke your consent, click on the link provided in every newslet-ter email or send a message to the contact person stipulated in the Legal Disclaimer.
7. Use of Google Analytics
7.1 This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses "cookies," small text files that are saved on your computer that help analyse how you use the Website. The information on your use of the Website generated by the cookie is normally transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. If you have activated IP anonymisation for this Website, Google trun-cates your IP address within the EU member states and member states of the Agree-ment on the European Economic Area before transmission. Only in exceptional cases is the unabridged IP address transmitted to a Google Server in the US and truncated there. On behalf of the Website operator, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity, or providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator.
7.2 Google will not associate the IP address transmitted by your browser with any other data held by Google.
7.3 You can prevent the placement of cookies by adjusting the respective settings in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website if you reject cookies. Moreover, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie referring to your use of the Website (including your IP address) and its transmission to Google for processing by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
7.4 This Website uses Google Analytics with the "_anonymizeIp()" feature. This feature processes the IP addresses in a truncated form, making it impossible to associate them with an individual. Should data that we collect about you contain a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data deleted.
7.5 We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our Website and regularly improve the Website. The extracted statistics help us enhance our offer and to make it more interest-ing for you as a user. In the exceptional cases in which personal data is transmitted to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis for the use of Google Analytics.
7.6 Use of Google Captcha
We may use the Google reCaptcha service from time to time to determine whether a specific entry into our contact or newsletter forms is being made by a human being or a machine. Google uses the following data to determine whether you are a human being or a computer: the IP address of the terminal device being used, the Website that you are visiting and into which the Captcha is integrated, the date and duration of your visit, identification data of the browser and operating system used, the Google account if your are logged into Google, movements of the mouse on the reCaptcha surfaces, and the tasks in which you have to identify certain images. Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) of the General Data Protection Regulation is the legal basis for the described form of data processing. We have a legitimate interest in this processing of data as it serves to ensure our Website's security and protects us from automated entries (attacks).
8. Links to social media channels
8.1 Our Website contains links to the following social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Xing and LinkedIn. 8.2 Addresses of the social media channels and URL of their respective Privacy Policies:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other and www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info Facebook has submit-ted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA; help.instagram.com/155833707900388.
9. Integration of YouTube videos
9.1 We have embedded YouTube videos in our online offer. The videos are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our Website. [All of these run in "enhanced privacy mode," i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. The data mentioned in Paragraph 2 is only transmitted if you play the videos. We cannot influence this transmission.]
10. Use of data for advertising by post and your right to object
Furthermore, we reserve the right to store you first and last name, your postal address and - should we have received this additional information from you in the context of a contractual relationship - your title, academic degree, year of birth, profession, industry and name of your business in summarised lists and use this information for our own ad-vertising purposes, e.g. for sending you information on interesting offers or our products by postal letter. You may object to the storage of your data for these purposes at any time by sending a message to the contact stated below.
11. Data security
11.1 When you visit our Website, we employ the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure in connection with the highest encryption level that your browser supports. Usually, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, 128-bit v3 technology will be used instead. You can recognise the encrypted transmission of an individual page of our Website by the closed lock or key symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
11.2 In addition, we also apply suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, de-struction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly improved to reflect ongoing technological development.
IV. Collection of personal data when contacting us by email, post or telephone
2. You are under no obligation to provide the aforementioned personal data. However, the data may be required for the conclusion of a contract. Without this data, communication, the conclusion of a contract, or the fulfilment of your contract may not be possible.
3. Statutory provisions or contractual agreements form the basis for the transmission of the relevant data to public authorities if this is mandated by overriding legal requirements, or to external service providers, other contractors, or other external bodies, provided you have consented or the transmission is permissible on the grounds of an overriding legitimate interest. We have no intention of transmitting your data to a recipient in a third coun-try (non-EU/EEA) or an international organisation.
4. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was captured. For the personal data entered into the contact form, this is the case when the respective conversation with you ends. The conversation is deemed to have ended when the circumstances indicate that the issue the conversation was about has been resolved. If the data you have provided is subject to mandatory storage periods under tax and commercial law, it is stored for the statutory tenyear period and then deleted, unless you have consented to the storage of your data beyond this period or the continued storage of your data is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims. Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. c) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data for the pur-pose of complying with statutory archiving and storage obligations.
V. Revocation of consent or objection to the processing of your data
1. Should you have consented to the processing of your data, you may revoke your consent at any time. This revocation affects our right to process your data only after you have notified us of the revocation.
2. Should our processing of your personal data be based on a weighting of legitimate interests, you may also object to its processing. This is the case when the processing of your data is not required for the purposes of fulfilling a contract with you, as described hereunder in the description of functions. When you issue such an objection, we ask you to state the reasons why you wish for us to abstain from processing your data in the manner we do. When we receive an objection stating reasons, we will review the situation and dis-continue or adapt the processing of your data, or inform you of the compelling overriding reasons that cause us to continue processing the data.
3. Of course you can object the use of your personal data for advertising or data analysis purposes at any time. 4. You can notify us of your revocation of consent or objection to processing at he following contact address: BOLTZE Gruppe GmbH, Alte Landstrasse 42, 22145 Braak, Germany, Phone: +49 (0) 40 328079-0, Fax: +49 (0) 40 328079-4999, Email: info(at)boltze.de.
VI. Your rights
1. In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, your have the right to obtain information on the processing of your personal data from us. In particular, you have the right to information on the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients that we disclose or have disclosed your data to, the intended storage period and the ex-istence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of your right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if these were not collected by us, and the existence of an automatic decision-making process including profil-ing and meaningful detail on these.
2. In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you can demand the rectification of inaccurate data or completion of your personal data stored by us without delay. In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us provided the processing of your data is required in order to exercise the right to freedom of opinion and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to as-sert, exercise or defend legal claims.
3. In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, you have the right to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is illegal but you do not wish the data to be deleted, and we no longer require the data, but you require the data in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing of these data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
4. In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data provid-ed by you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readible format or demand its transmission to another data controller.
5. In accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, you have the right to revoke consent you have given to us at any time. The effect of this is that we may no longer process data in future that you had previously consented to.
6. Moreover, in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint relating to the processing of your personal data by us with a supervisory authority.